We decided to spread health and wellness throughout our community by participating and hosting various events throughout our city. We hope that by bringing health and wellness to the attention of our community we can start to create a more mindful city, state, and world.
Few of the Many Events We Have Hosted/ Participated in:
Girls Gen regularly meets on campus Wednesdays at lunch to connect with each other, have a meal and brainstorm ways to push out our goals of health and wellness school wide.
We are interested in tackling student health and wellness from multiple angles, and have come up with the following ways to make a difference on campus and in our community:
- Healthy cooking class ("Snack Club") / Fitness Club (K-2nd grade)
- Information and activities on stress relief and mental health
- Community gardening
- Classroom exercise activities (ex., sports clinics, yoga or zumba classes, meditation, etc.)
- Health and wellness assemblies
- Partnership with Kaiser Permanente's "Thriving Schools"
- Team walkathons (MS Walk, Trisomy Awareness Walk)
- Feeding the homeless
- Canned food drives
- Campus and community physical fitness events (ex., Friday Family Fitness nights at our local In-Shape Gym)
- Diet & nutrition Informational tables at local community events (school literacy fairs and community art festivals)